4/3/11

Retired and ready for the next phase of my life to begin...

I am now retired from Hill's.  It hasn't really sunk in yet.  I had a dream last night that I forgot some of my stuff at work and had to go clean it out.  I am pretty sure I got everything though.  I have been bring stuff home for a month or so.  It is bitter sweet.  I will miss all my friends that I have made over the last 20+ years.

Larry and I are going to be working around the house together.  We have walls,  trim and doors to paint, get stuff ready for a garage sale and take a much deserved vacation.

We are going to spend more time with our grandkids and family and I am going to continue taking lots of pictures and scrapbooking and making cards.

My weight loss journey is still moving along.  Now that I am retired, I plan to walk first thing each morning.  My next visit with Dr Hu is this coming Friday, so I will see if I lost any more since my last visit.  I am wearing smaller sizes.  I have lots of bigger sizes I have been moving out of my closet and into the "For Sale" pile.




3 comments:

Mary J said...

Hello Debi! Thanks for visiting my blog - thought I'd come over and have a browse of yours!

I hope life is treating you well and you're enjoying retirement!

paola said...

thank you for visiting my blog and leaving a comment, i do hope that you enjoy using the dbl display, you asked what my images were called and i had listed them in the posting for the card, so if you go back and have another look you will find their names. thanks again for the visit
smiles
Paola

Cathie Rigby said...

The next phase sounds wonderful-not yet there but looking forward to it. Can't wait to have grandkids. Hope you will continue to visit bloggy friends--that is always fun! Cathie
www.creativecutterroom.com